2/20/10

Leather chain necklace

I saw this post on Craft Magazine earlier this week and it stayed with me.  So when I found some scraps of leather left over from a project of my husband's......well you know what happened.  I really doesn't take long.  Now I have a new necklace and bracelet for about an hour's work. 


Nearly got myself in some big trouble when my dear husband saw what I was doing.  I forgot to mention the "scraps" where from the hide of his very first moose.  "I just used the scraps! Honest!"  was my reply to the face I got.  Truthfully, I've always loved the natural colour of this leather and have been trying to figure out what I could do with it. Another plus is that it is soooooo soft your really don't even know you're wearing it.


For mine I decided that I liked the choker style better than the long ( see original post on Cumbersome).  I then chose to use the suede side of the leather rather than the flat. I made my own template and cut my links a little more chunky.  I only needed 20 links for the necklace and 7 for the bracelet.

Finally I cut two short strips of leather and attached snaps for the closures. The best part; if I want to switch I can take the links apart and flip it around to the smooth side or even alternate them.  Fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment